So the 3-Day Refresh SOUNDS like a great idea, right?
Yeah, that's what I thought, too.
See, I knew I would be going on a 4-day leadership retreat to Destin, Florida, that I had earned as a coach. I was excited to get away, but I planned on giving myself come "cheats" and doing the Refresh when I returned home. Sounds perfect, right?
During the trip, I ate well for meals, had my Shakeology and coffee for breakfast each day, and then grilled chicken on salad for lunches. Dinners were filled with yummy clean eats. It really was a perfect meal situation for a bunch of women who strive to model a healthy lifestyle.
The problem came when I ate WAY too many organic cashews throughout the day, and the night-time snacks were birthday cake, s'mores over the fire, and more celebratory cake on the last night. Mmmm...chocolate fudge cake!
So, needless to say, it was NOT 21-Day Fix portion-control-approved. I was ready to Refresh.
Here you will find my How-To Guide to Ruining Your Refresh:
I have made plenty of mistakes so that you don't have to. But, if you want to ruin your experience, take notes:
TOP 10 TIPS to RUIN the 3-DAY REFRESH:
1. Be sure to have a severe depletion of sleep before beginning the 3-Day Refresh.
2. Travel a lot and have motion sickness the day before you start.
3. Do not have your house prepared ahead of time.
4. Go shopping for the 3-Day Refresh meal items on an empty stomach.
5. Build your coffee intake to at least 4 cups/day before cutting it out completely on the Refresh.
6. Find your perfect Shakeology flavor with ingredients not allowed on the Refresh and get used to that. It will help when you have to drink it plain with water.
7. Do the Refresh while working an early morning job, getting up at 4:30am, and therefore, not getting more than 6 hours/night (after not getting any the previous four days).
8. Schedule your Refresh over a Wednesday night while they are serving breakfast for dinner at church (or whatever your favorite menu is).
9. Make the Fiber Sweep drink while at work, make sure to take a selfie, set it down, and then forget about it and watch it congeal.
10. Plan a long run the day after the Refresh is over.
Now, what did I ACTUALLY do on this 3-Day cleanse? Did it work? Keep reading.
Breakfast consisted of my chocolate vegan Shakeology blended with 1/2 banana and ice. Not my favorite, but it worked. Missed my coffee. I had my tea and Fiber Sweep, and snack, then Vanilla Fresh shaken with ice water, fruit, and veggies with hummus for my lunch. YUM. Lunch rocks on the Refresh. Dinner was another Vanilla Fresh, organic veggie broth, water, and veggie stir-fry. I made this so I could have the veggies, and the family could have the full dinner with chicken and rice. SUPER good. My biggest problem on Day 1 was the AWFUL headache I got that evening, likely from crazy caffeine withdrawal. Remember, 3-4 large cups/day? Yeah.
The meals were very much the same, except for dinner. Dinnertime I made a spinach salad because it seemed like it made a LOT of food. And it did. So much that I couldn't finish it all! This was church night and I was wishing for that breakfast food instead, but I really WAS full from my dinner. Day 2 I was just plum tired. I woke up tired and went to bed tired. I attribute this to my own failure to allow for at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
I felt like the choo-choo train...I think I can, I think I can. I DO LOVE a challenge, and I wasn't about to quit...no matter how much I wanted coffee and my regular shakeology and an apple and almonds for a snack. I stuck to the plan and decided to make an amazing dinner for myself: cucumber and tomato salad! This recipe ROCKS and I am excited to make it for the family! Day 3 nighttime I was craving junk foods, but I drank my water instead. It's hard to make the right choices and remain self-disciplined, but as you will see below...it was worth it!
A lot of people on social media have been asking for the Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe. Because I love you all, I am sharing it with you. For more amazing Refresh recipes, you can get your own 3-Day Refresh here.
On to the results!
Disclaimer: I do not own a scale. I know that most people lose about 3-5 pounds on the Refresh, and I know of a few people who have lost as much as 10 pounds over these 3 days! Amazing, right? My proof has to be in the pics. You be the judge. Was it worth it? I think so.
Are you ready to give it a go? Want to see how you can look and FEEL so much better? Maybe kickstart a healthy routine? Check out my website here for more info about the 3-Day Refresh, Shakeology, and other programs to get you on the right track. You CAN do this!
Wife. Mother. Runner. Coach. Adoption Advocate. I strive to share HOPE through my journey and help others reach their goals.